Monday, May 02, 2005

[Part 3] The Notebook

I wasn't sure if I should've gone to school the next day, but I did. I didn't want people worrying about me… even if it would only be in my tight circle of friends. "Hey, Sera!" I turned around. "How are you doing today? Feeling better?" It was Dave, one of my close friends. He was kind of perverted, but I've gotten somewhat used to it.

"Yes, Dave, I'm fine," I said, walking past him. He then took the chance to pinch my butt. I grabbed his arm immediately and started twisting it. I let go and hit him with my backpack. "Dave! You are such a fucking perv!!"

"It's nice of you to notice," Dave said, bowing. His green eyes never leaving my blue ones. His dark hair was all messed up now, well, more than usual, since I swung my backpack at him.

I turned around and continued walking, away from Dave as a smile tugged at my mouth. He was pretty cool if you forget about the fact that he's a total pervert. I looked back and noticed he was hitting on one of the cheerleaders. She smacked him and walked away quickly. I saw him grin before I ran into someone.

I hit the ground as papers flew everywhere. "The fudge?" I moaned, rubbing my head.

"I'm sorry about that, really," the voice I know all too well said. I knew who it was before I looked at them. They held out a hand and I grabbed it, so they could pull me up.

"I'm sorry, Mike, I-I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going."

"No, I'm sorry about… everything."

I looked into his hazel eyes, searching for something; anything, "W-what?"

Mike sighed. "I'll tell you after school. See ya later, Sera."

And so he went, he didn't even bother to help pick up the papers. I picked them up, looking at each. Then I spotted a drawing, one that I had made. The one of Mike I drew yesterday. "But…" I started. My eyes went wide, and I searched my backpack for my notebook. It wasn't there. I must've left it at school yesterday! Holy fucking SHIT!!

I started searching for Helen. Where was my freaking notebook? The bell rang and I groaned in annoyance. Another day in Hell’s paradise.

I usually sat next to Mike in Homeroom, but today, as it's been for the past week, the seat to my right was empty. I sighed, both glad and sad at the same time that he wasn't there. I wanted answers, but my heart was shattered. I stared out the window, wishing my feelings could just fly out it and go away, so far away that I won't meet with them again.

"Daydreaming again, Miss Lander?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Ms. Fern a few feet away. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, "Uh, sorry Ms. Fern, I was just l-looking at the birds," I said, uncomfortably.

She kept staring at me with her old, cold, grey eyes. "Sure. Yesterday the clouds, today the birds. Pay attention, Miss Lander." There were a few snickers from the class and then Ms. Fern went back to the front of the room. Many people's eyes were still on me, including Mike's. The knot in my stomach tightened and I paid attention to my eerily interesting hands. Hmm… I need to cut my fingernails again…

I caught Helen in the hall between classes about an hour later. "Helen," I said walking up to her. She was at her locker, her back to me.

"Oh, hey, Sera," she said, turning to me, "Feeling better? I couldn't find you this morning—"

"Helen," I cut her off, "where is my notebook?"

"Your notebook? Oh yea, I noticed you left your notebook behind, so I grabbed it—"

"And? Where is it?"

She continued like I didn’t interrupt her. "The next class, Chem., Mike asked me were you were, and I told him you went home sick. He noticed I had your notebook and said that he wanted to look through it during class. I said sure, and gave it to him, since chemistry is kinda boring, especially yesterday's lesson."

I grabbed her shoulders and shook her, "But where is my fucking notebook?"

"Mike has it."

"SHIT!"

"What?"

"Yesterday during lunch, I drew a picture of him in it… I ran into him this morning and he dropped that drawing!"

Helen's eyes went wide. “We have to find him."

"Uh, YEAH!!"



'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`

I'm SORRY it took so long.... I'll get the next part up in a few days, I PROMISE!!!


OK!! PEOPLE!! gather.... gather here.... and listen to me ramble on... about nonsense and such. I am holding a "contest", if you please. The objective is to find out why/how/or where I found/figured out that the title (There's Nothing Left to Do) is such. First person to get it correct gets something very special. ^_^ good luck

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

oh, whoops, I forgot to * someone them... I think the story looks worse with all the *'s.... but I don't want to offend people... or at least as few as I can...

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home