Saturday, May 07, 2005

[Part 4] The Truth

But we were too slow. The bell rang. We ran together into math and sat down. Mike, I noticed was in the front, even though Beth wasn’t even in this class. Was he avoiding me? We couldn't find him during lunch or in between classes. For the past week, I had found this somewhat good, but now, I couldn't stand it. I needed to see him. Sort this thing all out. Then I remembered what Mike had said in the morning: "I'll tell you after school." When the bell rang, signally the end of another school day and the beginning of a weekend, I went on the front grounds, just waiting for something to happen.

I stood by a pole, leaning on it, and waiting for Mike, I guess. I couldn't believe after all these years being friends, he would just ignore me. He was always there for me. Taking the blame, getting hurt, making me laugh, comforting me when my sister died, everything. We did everything together, and now, because of this Beth person, that's all changed.

"BOO!" yelled a voice in my ear.

I turned to Mike, "Dude, that doesn't work anymore in a big loud crowd."

He lowered his head, as if defeated. He looked back to me after a while. "So, you remembered…. Uh, wanna take a walk?"

It was Friday, I didn't care what would happen, "Well, sure, I guess."

As we walked I could still feel that knot in my stomach. We didn't talk much either. Until I finally said, "What were you going to tell me?" without looking at him.

There was a pause for a bit, then he said "Well, the other guys said I should talk to you, since, we really haven’t talked." More silence. We came upon the park. I sat on a swing, holding on to the chains, and keeping my feet off the ground for no real reason at all. "That's what I'm sorry about, mainly. That I haven't talked to you. Ignoring my best friends to be with Beth."

I looked at my feet. I was amazed how the whole world seemed deserted, especially the park. It was usually occupied by a few kids, but not today. I decided to break the eerie silence. "I hate her…"

"I kinda figured that, Sera."

"She's a fucking whore… what do you see in her?" I said, my eyes still focused on the black shoes I bought.

"No, she's not. She's really nice and funny."

"Oh, and that's it?" I said, my anger rising. I finally looked up. He was leaning against a bar that kept the swing set up, looking straight at me. I could see both of our backpacks by him.

"Sera, I know you hate her… but, you don't understand my feelings toward her."

"Well, I guess not!" I stood up, "But you haven't heard her around her friends without you. They talk shit about you, and she gets in the conversation, she doesn't defend you." Mike's eyes were filled with confusion. "The rest of us, your friends, don't like her. Can't you just agree with us for once? We all want you to dump her, for your own good. We don't want anything bad to happen to you." My eyes were tearing up, and there was nothing I could do about it. "Why are you doing this to all of us? We are scattered without you in the group. We need you." Tears were consuming me, my voice sobbing.

"Sera…" I could barely see him through the tears. He was getting nearer. "Don't cry."

I slapped away the hand he was putting on my shoulder and ran. I wiped away tears as the wind blew past me. I ran and ran until I collapsed in the forest by the park, next to the river. The area was also, strangely empty.

"Sera!" Mike was following me. I just sat there looking down at the rapids. I had a great urge to just jump and end it all, even though I knew the jump or fall wouldn't kill me… the river was only five feet away, "Sera…" My tears flowed like the river I watched. "Are you okay?"

I looked at him with my sad eyes as he sat next to me. "No," I simply said.

"Why are you crying?"

"W-why do you think?"

"Come on, tell me." He said, wiping away some of my fallen tears.

"I'm crying because—" I was overwhelmed by tears and stopped.

"Because what, Sera? The guys wanted me to talk to you… just tell me…"

I looked in his eyes, even though everything was still slightly blurry, "Because of you, Mike… it's all your fault."

I could tell he had a surprised expression on his face. "W-what's my fault?"

I stood up, trying to get some of my confidence back, "It's your fault that I love you. I fucking love you and you haven't even noticed… you just ignore me, and—" I walked away, not wanting to say anything more. I headed back top the swing set to get my backpack and just go home.



'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`

Sorry, it took longer than I suspected to get out... I was busy with other stuff. But I did get it out in less than a week, right? I feel that Sera should tell him in a different way... but I duno... sort of like when Mike asks Sera if she's okay, she would give a sarcastic answer, but I duno where to go from there.... ='( sad, I know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

yea, I was thinking about putting them in reverse, too.

I'm really sorry for the wait... My mind has been really preoccupied (sp?) not to mention that I have some writer's block with the story, but I will get the next part ready for you and Brittni now!!!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Yea, they are. Brittni has the cd currently, so you can get it at school (if Brittni remembered). Megan just took Nyquil, so remind me tomorrow if I *somehow* forget to give you the cd *if* I get it back from Brittni.

ALSO, I'm trying to figure out how to somehow upload a song, or whatever, from Windows Media Player, so I can have a song I own on a website... *thinks*

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home