Friday, May 27, 2005

[Part 6] White Walls

I heard voices around me. Talking about… nonsense. My head was pounding and I could tell I was in a very bright room… I wasn't dead. Was I in a hospital? I groaned and opened my eyes to see Mike standing next to me. I blinked many times, the lights weren't helping with my headache at all. He smiled when I looked at him. My eyes got watery… why didn't he just let me die?

"She's awake!" I heard Dave yell at the top of his lungs.

"Dave…. Shut. The. Fuck. Up." I moaned, putting my hand on my forehead. Mike smiled wider, showing off some of his teeth.

The doctor (or what seemed to be the doctor) walked to the other side of my hospital bed. "I guess she's fine now, right?" he said, looking over to Mike. After a few seconds, Mike realized the doctor was talking to him and looked at the doctor as he spoke, "Uh, yea, she's always like that," he turned back to me with a saddened face, making me feel uncomfortable.

Helen appeared by Mike’s side, her eyes red from crying. "Sera, don't you ever do that again! I almost passed out when I heard what happened. I was so fucking worried!"

I gave her a sympathetic look, "It's okay, Helen, I won't do it again. Who else is here?" I asked.

"Well, you know me, Dave, and Helen are here, I'm guessing," said Mike, "Ben and Kate are here too, but I think they went to go get snacks…" he looked over to Dave who nodded.

"W-what about my parents?" I asked, worried. I never considered what would've happened if I lived. Mike looked down at the bed sheets, trying to straighten them with his hand. Helen looked away quickly. "What happened?!"

The doctor cleared his throat. "Um, well, your parents were in a car crash on their way here…"

"AND?!" I felt sorry for the doctor, he probably had to give bad news to people everyday. I guess I wasn't really helping.

He took a deep breath before continuing, "Well, neither of them are dead. That's the good news." He spoke those words quickly, wanting to get over it faster, I believe, or just because I put him under the pressure to tell me.

I took a deep breath, calming myself. I looked at the wound that caused my parents to crash. It was stitched up. I didn't realize I cut in that deep. It was also still raw… but no longer bleeding, as if they just took the bandage off right before I woke up.

"Mike," I said quietly.

"Huh?" he said, bringing new attention to me.

"…Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you save me?" I said, still looking at the wound.

"I couldn’t just watch you die, Sera. I care about you too much. You're my friend, and friends look after each other," I lowered my head, thinking.

"NO!! It's my chocolate!" yelled Kate as she opened the door. Every head in the room turned at looked at her and Ben walking in with the snacks they got. She looked around, "Heh, sorry."

Ben looked at Kate then to the rest of us, seeing me laying there. "Oh! Sera, you're awake!" He ran over to me with Kate on his tail.

"Hey, guys," I said softly.

"How are you feeling?" asked Ben.

"Uh, I'm okay. I'm still kinda woozy, but I have a really bad headache."

"I'm sorry," said Kate, eating her chocolate, "Hey, want some chocolate?" she handed me one of her candy bars that wasn't open.

"Sure!" I said, smiling and grabbing it immediately.

"Hey!" Ben said, looking at his girlfriend.

"What?" Kate said, shrugging.

"How come Sera gets chocolate and I don't?"

"Because you, my friend, didn't pass out from self-mutilation."

Ben looked at the ground, "That's true…" he whispered.


'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
ok, Megan is tired! She just watched Pirates of the Carribean and almost fell asleep during it. I don't know why I speak in third person sometimes... I just do. Well, night people! And really bad eggs.... k, I'm done

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I still don't quite get what you're saying, but I'm telling this as if it happens everyday in the world (which I highly think it does). I'm trying to show a view of how bad, and yet good, this world can be. I'm trying to be realistic, and yet not have too many people who overreact to things.

Sorry if you think that way

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home